How we help our clients sell their products the right way.
Design and User Experience plays a huge part when it comes to the environmental impact and carbon footprint of an ecommerce store. From the physical drain of your store on consumer devices, to the content and user journey's that guide the design.
- Muted colour palette which emits less light
- Minimal interactions and animation
The core code of your Shopify store needs to be as efficient as possible in order to have minimal impact on the planet.
- Efficient coding (shrinking scripts, compressing downloads, setting appropriate caching times, and combining files)
- We apply an overall page weight budget for our Shopify stores
- We only included front-end features that have minimal impact on code
The impact of your Shopify store on the people that use it is just as important as its impact on the planet.
- WCAG AA rating (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- Alt-tags for image content
- Community-focused customer experience
- Screen reader-friendly content components
The impact of your Shopify store is directly affected by the partners, apps and software that you bring into your tech stack.
- We partner with Ecologi to offset our projects
- We use green tools to deliver our projects
- We work with tech partners that share our values
- Carbon neutral or negative shipping
- Green hosting (domain & site)
Content is one of the biggest factors when considering the impact of your Shopify store, it is key to only include what's absolutely necessary and ensure that what is included, is as efficient as possible.
- Static images instead of video
- Content-first approach to theme design
- Image optimisation
- Responsive image features
- In-store SEO content